USTRS 2021 Annual Meeting
USTRS 2021 Annual Meeting - Now Virtual
VIRTUAL MEETING SCHEDULE
Thursday, September 2, 2021, 5:00 PM – 6:40 PM PT (8:00 PM – 9:40 PM EST)
- Learn about novel strategies to improve graft function
- Review the history and developments in living donation
- Review practical solutions to common complications following transplantation
- Describe novel developments in immunosuppression strategies
- Understand the mechanisms behind the voucher system for kidney transplantation
5:00 PM - 5:05 PM PT (8:00 PM - 8:05 PM EST)
Welcome & Announcements
Alp Sener, MD, PhD (Western University, Ontario)
5:05 PM – 5:25 PM PT (8:05 PM – 8:25 PM EST)
American Society of Transplant Surgeons Lecture: Over 25 Years of Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy: A Pinnacle Development in Transplantation.
Lloyd E. Ratner, MD (Columbia University, New York) CLICK TO VIEW VIDEO
5:25 PM – 5:35 PM PT (8:25 PM – 8:35 PM EST)
The Use of a Muscle Pump Activator Improves Post-Renal Transplant Outcomes: Results from Randomized Controlled Trial.
Alp Sener, MD, PhD (Western University, Ontario) CLICK LINK TO VIEW VIDEO
5:35 PM – 6:00 PM PT (8:35 PM – 9:00 PM EST)
Novick Resident Presentations
- Tejas M. Mistry, MD: Evaluation of Hemostatic Role of Fibrin Sealant on Renal Vein Anastomosis during Renal Transplant Surgery in Indian Population: A Single Center Study. CLICK LINK
- Yi-Chia Lin, MD: Kidney Transplantation from COVID-19 Positive Donors: Ten-Case Report. CLICK LINK
- Yi-Chia Lin, MD: Early Recovery After Surgery Program in Kidney Transplantation Patients: Comparison of Clinical Outcomes with Conventional Care Program. CLICK LINK
- Kathleen Lockhart, MD: The Differentiation of Benign from Malignant Solid Renal Masses with Multi-parametric MRI: A Retrospective Study and Proposed “de Silva St George Classification Scheme”. CLICK LINK
- Hossein Saadat, MD: Early Renal Graft Function after Procurement of Multiple Abdominal Organs Versus Kidney Only Procurement. CLICK LINK
- Tarek Ajami, MD: Robotic Transvaginal Assisted Living Donor Kidney Transplantation: Technique Description of a series of 5 cases. CLICK LINK
6:00 PM – 6:10 PM PT (9:00 PM – 9:10 PM EST)
Peri-Operative Transplant Immunosuppression in 2021.
Anil Kapoor, MD (McMaster University, Ontario, Canada) CLICK LINK
6:10 PM – 6:30 PM PT (9:10 PM – 9:30 PM EST)
USTRS Keynote Speaker: Renal Transplant Essentials for Urologists.
John M. Barry, MD (Oregon Health & Sciences Univ.) CLICK LINK
6:30 PM – 6:40 PM PT (9:30 PM – 9:40 PM EST)
Voucher for Future Transplantation.
Jeffrey Veale, MD (Univ. of California, Los Angeles) CLICK LINK
Other poster videos!
Due to time constraints, we were not able to have all of our presentations during the Virtual Meeting. These talented individuals did a wonderful job, please view their work.
- Tejas M. Mistry, MD - A Novel Protocol of Training Urology Residents in Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy: Effective Way of Learning with Minimal Complications. View
- Logan Glosser, MD - Successful Trimodal Therapy without Radical Cystectomy for Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer in a Patient with History of Kidney-Pancreas Transplant. View
- Suraj Jayadeva Reddy, MD - Ruptured Mycotic Pseudoaneurysm - A Life Threatening Complication Diseased Donor Renal Transplant - A Case Report. View
- Somanatha Sharma, MD - A Comparative, Retrospective and Observational Study of Onset of Graft Function and its Impact on the Outcomes of Deceased Renal Transplantation. View
- Tarek Ajami, MD - Orthotopic Kidney Transplant: Transplantation Beyond The Iliac Vessels. View
Thank you to our Industry Partners for their generous support!
|Video: Simple device improves care after kidney transplantation||Medical Supplies and Equipment (conmed.com)||Reimagine the Future of Organ Transport and Preservation||Paladin-Labs.com